We’ve just released btcd version 0.12.0 beta! It is a highly recommended updated since it contains code to ensure new upcoming network rules are properly enforced (CLTV), new protocol enhancements, various optimizations, and several other enhancements.
In addition to announcing the new release, the purpose of this blog is to discuss a few points of the release in more detail. For those of you who are simply looking for the release notes and updated Windows binaries, they are located here.
The most important changes this post will cover are:
CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY(CLTV) support (BIP0065)
LowSsignatures for transaction relay
- New flag for controlling the minimum relay fee
- Bloom filter service bit support (BIP0111)
- New signature validation cache
- Developer-centric changes:
- Refactored peer package
- New options when querying address index
- Under development